[c-nsp] Cisco WS-C3560G-24TS-S Port Mirring Issue

Chris Gotstein chris at uplogon.com
Fri Mar 9 11:52:28 EST 2012

I have a WS-C3560G-24TS-S running 15.0(1)SE2.  I have a simple port
mirror setup to mirror traffic from gi0/1 to gi0/2:

monitor session 1 source interface Gi0/1
monitor session 1 destination interface Gi0/2

Over the course of last couple months, the monitor session stops
working.  If I remove the above commands and reenter them with a new
session number, the mirror comes back up.  This has happened about a
dozen times so far.  Is there a known bug in the code?  Could the
equipment that is plugged into gi0/2 cause problems and break the
monitor session?  Any suggestions appreciated.  Thanks,

--
Chris Gotstein, Network Engineer, U.P. Logon/Computer Connection U.P.
http://uplogon.com | +1 906 774 4847 | chris at uplogon.com