[c-nsp] Carrier grade NAT44 & newest Cisco boxes

Ruslan Pustovoytov rus-p at inbox.ru
Sun Mar 11 00:53:58 EST 2012

Hi all

Does anybody explain me what is the best way to do CGN on Cisco boxes ?
I look for powerfull solution with price congruous with other vendor.

Recently I closely looked at ISM-100 card for asr9k platform.
I was negativly surprised that performance of this card is about 10
Gbit/s half-duplex..
Card is occupied full slot in chassis and costs about 200.000$ in GPL
with license for 10 miilion sessions.
I know that other vendors with more ancient NATs has double performance
for this price.

Also, I look in CGSE blade for CRS-1 and CRS-3 platform.
Presentation says it has 10 Gbit/s full-duplex performance and card
occupy one slot.
Does it meen that CGN in CRS more powerfull that CGN in ASR9k or this is
the sort of marketing game ?