[c-nsp] Configuring a cisco switch trunk port to allow dot1q and dot1ad frames

janardhan madabattula janardhan632 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 21:26:44 EDT 2012

Hi,

I am trying to configure a cisco port (7600) as a trunk port to allow both
dot1q and dot1ad (ether type 88a8) frames. I tried following two configs
but both of them are not working. Any one can suggest me the right
configuration.

interface GigabitEthernet5/42

 switchport

 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

 switchport trunk allowed vlan 2501-2503

 switchport mode dot1q-tunnel

 no cdp enable

 spanning-tree bpdufilter enable

end

The above configuration is allows all dot1ad frames. I expect this port
should allow only 2501:* - 2503:*, instead it allows all *.* traffic.

======================

interface GigabitEthernet5/42

 switchport

 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

 switchport trunk allowed vlan 2501-2503

 switchport mode trunk

 no cdp enable

 spanning-tree bpdufilter enable

end
The abover configuration does not allow any dot1ad traffic . It just
allowing dot1q traffic with  vlans 2501-2503. If I send 2501:1 it doesn't
go thru.