[c-nsp] Recommended IPv6 Resources

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Tue Mar 13 10:06:08 EDT 2012

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 02:49:28PM +0100, Gert Doering wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 01:39:03PM -0000, Steve McCrory wrote:
> > I'm dipping my toe into the world of IPv6 and I'm looking for
> > recommendations on resources - books, design guides, white papers,
> > tutorials etc.
>
> "96 more bits, no magic"

This might have been a bit too terse, though :-) - what I was trying to
say: IPv6 is not *that* different from IPv4.  It has longer addresses,
the addresses are written in a weird way, and people have all of a sudden
started to waste addresses like crazy ("because we can!") - but the
underlying principles of BGP, OSPF, RIP, "longest-match-wins", etc.
are basically still the same.  So just go and experiment :-)

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de