[c-nsp] Internet inside a VRF?

Vitkovsky, Adam avitkovsky at emea.att.com
Wed Mar 14 05:45:20 EDT 2012

I guess you can ask: Why do we run mpls anyway or even plan on expanding it all the way to the access layer right?
I thought the answer is obvious, TE capabilities, fast failover or common carrier infrastructure that scales well
And by common I mean infrastructure that supports all the services you offer not just a couple

In pure ipv4 environment how do you make sure your RRs infrastructure offers multiple paths for particular prefix? -well with mpls we just configure each PE with a different RD for the internet VRF -I know of several solutions to this in pure ipv4 but none is this simple

adam