[c-nsp] Interoperability issue between ME-3800X and Huawei OSN 6800 (1000BaseLX)

Luis Anzola anzolex at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 21:14:44 EDT 2012

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have experienced problems interconnecting Cisco Router with
DWDM Huawei equipments through 1000BaseLX?  I am currently trying to
connect a ME-3800X using the SFP+ Multi-rate port (Ten0/1) with a
GLC-LH-SM versus Huawei OSN 6800 DWDM and I am experiencing problem
bringing the b2b interface Up. I have tried turning on and off the
Auto-Negotiation on the  Cisco Router without success. Curiously,  when
I change the link to a 1GigaEth port (Gi0/1) in the ME-3800X the link
goes UP and end2end connectivity is established. I was wondering whether
some change have to be done on the DWDM equipment in order to achieve
the negotiation with the SFP+ port.

Thanks in advance for any comment you may suggest.

Regards.