[c-nsp] Cisco 6500/Sup32 Sub-interface MTU Issue

Markus Binder Markus.Binder at globalways.net
Sun Mar 18 10:09:48 EDT 2012

Hi Gert,
thank you for your quick response.

> Curse, spit, split the link into "big-mtu" and "small-mtu" VLANs.

But this doesn't help, as we need to transport the "smaller" 1500 MTU Vlan via Xconnect somewhere else and Xconnect is not supported on Sup32 SVIs.
We don't do IP just there on the Access Box.
Any idea which "fair priced" GigE WAN Card would be suitable supporting Xconnect on SVIs on SUP32 as OSMs are not supported on this platform.
Of course we could just split the physical link into two separate links with appropriate MTU on each physical Interface (i.e. by using WDM).
Obviously this would be the last resort, though.

Best regards,
Markus