[c-nsp] Cisco 6500/Sup32 Sub-interface MTU Issue

Markus Binder Markus.Binder at globalways.net
Mon Mar 19 09:46:49 EDT 2012

Hi James,
thanks for the hint. This is really great to hear, but...

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 11:59:52AM -0000, James Baker wrote:
> > You should be able to set the MTU on the xconnect if you have "Per
> > Subinterface MTU for Ethernet over MPLS (EoMPLS)" feature in your IOS,
>
> Oh, cool!  This is great to know.
>
> FTR, Feature Navigator claims this has been added to 12.2SRC, 12.2SB and
> 15.0S/15.1S/15.2S.
>
> Which means, of course, that I all of a sudden don't find it cool anymore, as it
> isn't available in any IOS that would run on my 6500s.

...same for us. The IOS Versions currently in use don't support it. But definitely the way to go for the future.
Gerd's idea with just having a bigger MTU in the Xconnect, as long as both ends support it, works fine in the meantime, even although it isn't the preferred solution either.

> Thankyouohsoverymuch, Cisco-BU-Infighting-Bullshitting.
>
> gert

Best regards,
Markus