[c-nsp] Why does the ME3600X not support VLAN mapping?

Fri Mar 23 11:50:50 EDT 2012

Hi Waris,

> ME3600X does support VLAN mapping through EVC.
> Can you elaborate the requirement?

Indeed, it does; I found that out in the meantime; I just realized
that several replies, and thus the resulting conversation, was
off-list. No idea why, but as it wasn't me who took it off-list in the
first place, I will refrain from bouncing the mails to this list.

Is the syntax of

   switchport vlan mapping enable
   switchport vlan mapping 123 654

deprecated? It's a lot simpler and cleaner than EVC if you need to
remap VLANs, only.

Thanks for getting back to me in what, to this list, must have looked
like a stale thread,
Richard