[c-nsp] Failed to export vc data

Justin Reherman jfreherman at ptci.com
Mon Mar 26 11:39:46 EDT 2012

I have two 7604 routers setup in a lab. I have been using them to test different services before we implement them in our live network. I have built many xconnects with them before and never had any issues, until a couple days ago I built a xconnect from router 1 to router 2 that would not come up. When I ran a "sh mpls l2 vc" I did not see the new vc on R1 but did on R2 . After verifying configs I decided to reboot R1. When It came back the "sh mpls l2 vc " command returned nothing. Even though I have 5 different xconnect defined on the router. R2 still shows all the vc's with a status of down. When I run a "debug mpls l2 vc event" I keep getting the error "Failed to export VC data". I have done some searching and cannot find what this means. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Router1

R1#sh mpls l2 vc

Local intf     Local circuit              Dest address    VC ID      Status
-------------  -------------------------- --------------- ---------- ----------
R1#

Router2

R2#sh mpls l2 vc

Local intf     Local circuit              Dest address    VC ID      Status
-------------  -------------------------- --------------- ---------- ----------
Gi2/0/9        Eth VLAN 200               100.1.1.1       888        DOWN
Gi2/0/10       Eth VLAN 100               100.1.1.1       1000       DOWN
Te3/0/1        Eth VLAN 897               100.1.1.1       10897      DOWN
Gi2/0/3        Eth VLAN 100               100.1.1.1       101007     DOWN
Gi2/0/8        Eth VLAN 1234              100.1.1.1       101234     ADMIN DOWN
R2#

This email message and any files transmitted with it are intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity  for whom it is addressed.  It
intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all paper and
electronic copies of this message and its contents.  Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution of this email or any file
attachments is strictly prohibited.