[c-nsp] Apply service policy via Radius?

Reuben Farrelly reuben-cisco-nsp at reub.net
Wed Mar 28 20:59:37 EDT 2012

It works on 15.1M - at least on the 2800s and 7200s (I've got 15.1(4)M3
in production and planning 15.1(4)M4 which just came out a couple of
days ago).

The secret combo probably relates to how you are checking out the feature:

rt1.nsw#show subscriber session username xxx at yyy
Unique Session ID: 259
Identifier: xxx at yyy
SIP subscriber access type(s): VPDN/PPP
Current SIP options: Req Fwding/Req Fwded
Session Up-time: 2w6d    , Last Changed: 2w6d
Interface: Virtual-Access17

Policy information:
   Authentication status: authen

Session inbound features:
  Feature: QoS Policy Map
   Input Policy Map: police-0.512M

Session outbound features:
  Feature: QoS Policy Map
   Output Policy Map: police-0.512M

Non-datapath features:
  Feature: Interface-Config

Configuration sources associated with this session:
Interface: Virtual-Template10, Active Time = 2w6d

rt1.nsw#

Note: nothing shows up if you do a 'show policy-map interface
virtual-access 10', you need to use the 'show subscriber' command instead.

I did ask the TAC engineer at the time of resolving the bug if the
command syntax could be fixed as well so that it is consistent across
interface types, but apparently this needed to go through as an
'enhancement' via our AM and needed a business case before it would be
considered etc etc

Reuben