[c-nsp] best for IPTV: pure L3 multicast, Draft Rosen MVPN or MLDP based MVPN?

adam vitkovsky adam.vitkovsky at swan.sk
Mon May 14 08:37:40 EDT 2012

Unfortunately the Q1'13 is a bit late for our project where we'd like to implement this on as9k's and me3600x and -cx
Even though NG-MVPN is really cool technology  I wonder whether the Cisco's implementation of NG-MVPN is going to be mature enough when implemented on as9k and me3600 -i.e. how much did they learn from other's players mistakes in this field

The most appealing I find about the NG-MVPN is the ability to utilize mpls and its protection mechanisms

I believe the MoFRR is not going to be feasible with me3600x acting as PE in some locations
-so possibly we could use the p2mp mpls-te in the global table -just for the protected distribution of IPTV and draft Rosen to carry customer multicast traffic

adam