[c-nsp] Small DC switch design

Dan Letkeman danletkeman at gmail.com
Wed May 16 22:08:30 EDT 2012

This switch will never need to hold a bgp table.  I do how ever want
to do PBR, and I am finding mixed messages on if it works or not.  And
if it does work will it work in my situation or will it switch in
software and have poor performance?   The idea of using it as an
aggregation switch would mean that it would have to do PBR at line
speed which it probably won't do.  I don't know if there is a better
way to do what I am trying to accomplish but my scenario is like this:

traffic -->---me3600x-----router a------firewall

                             -----router b-----firewall

All I want to do is PBR some traffic to router b.   The link speed
will be either 1gbps fiber or 2gbps etherchannel, and if I apply a
route-map on an interface at that speed will it choke?  If so what
other option do I have?

Thanks,
Dan.