[c-nsp] Stacking 3750X vs diverse 4948E

Keegan Holley keegan.holley at sungard.com
Fri May 18 17:00:47 EDT 2012

The 3750X is relatively new so I've only seen a few of them.  Stackwise in
general is pretty solid.  I've never seen a whole stack fail.  If a member
fails the stack just keeps going, if the master tails a new master is
elected.  One thing to watch out for is the fact that the 3750X isn't
intended to be a high performance DC switch.  I have seen issues with queue
drops because of small packet buffers on the non-X version which leads to
trouble if you do alot of 1G at line rate.  I haven't checked the X series,
but I'm told it's not recommended for high performance environments either.