[c-nsp] Stacking 3750X vs diverse 4948E

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Mon May 21 02:02:18 EDT 2012

On (2012-05-20 21:35 -0500), Tony Varriale wrote:

> >Maybe your set of features configured in your 3750 in your IOS release is
> >better match. It would be arrogant to assume that non of our problems were
> >caused by operator mistakes, I'm sure some field-techs have done it wrong.
>
> Arrogant of you?  Or me?  I wasn't implying anything.  I was giving
> you an opinion and my experience with 3750s.

'of our problems'. Would be arrogant of us to claim, that none of the
problem were caused by operator :)

> Do you have NOS service?  Or, do you/your team do bug scrubs?  How
> about any type of testing prior to going into production?

Yes, we do test all images prior to production. If testing was easy,
vendors wouldn't ship buggy software.
I'd be surprised if there was any non-trivial deployment of stacked and
non-stacked switched from any vendor, where stacked had same or less
problems than non-stacked. Many people might find that both have
sufficiently low number of problems.

--
  ++ytti