[c-nsp] IPv6 Routing within VRF on Sup720

Harald Michl harald.michl at univie.ac.at
Mon May 21 09:31:39 EDT 2012

Hi,

On 21.05.12 15:06, Phil Mayers wrote:

> Why? That IOS image should be fine; anything after SXH should permit
> IPv6 within VRFs, including BGP on the right feature set.
>
> It should be fine; we use IPv6 within VRFs including BGP within the VRF.
>
> The main caveat is that you can only run one BGP process, so it's all:
>
> router bgp 65000
>   address-family ipv6 vrf XXX
>     neighbor 2001:db8::1 ...

I was aware about that, but got from a private answer another hint which
was the showstopper I guess:

Playground(config)#mls ipv6 ?
  acl  IPv6 Acl related configuration
  cef  ipv6 cef config commands
  vrf  Enable IPv6 VRF
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

BGP works fine now. Next step would be ISIS. There is the possibility to
configure something like:

Playground(config)#router isis 1853
Playground(config-router)#address-family ipv6 vrf HAEM6
Playground(config-router-af)# net 49.0001.0000.1100.0002.00
Playground(config-router)# is-type level-2-only
Playground(config-router)# metric-style wide
Playground(config-router)# log-adjacency-changes all
Playground(config-router)#^Z

But if I have a look at the config, there is no addressfamily and VRF
included:

Playground#show run | b router isis
router isis 1853
 net 49.0001.0000.1100.0002.00
 is-type level-2-only
 metric-style wide
 log-adjacency-changes all

Would that work because I configure the missing ISIS-parameters at the
interface and the interface is bound to the vrf?

Thanks for the hints so far!

-Harald

>> Is there anybody out who already used BGP within IPv6 VRFs on Sup720? If
>
> Yes, it works on sup720.
>
>> not, would it work on Sup2T?
>
> Yes, it also works on sup2t.

 Harald Michl                <harald.michl at univie.ac.at>
 Vienna University - ACOnet www.ACO.net - VIX www.VIX.at
 Universitaetsstrasse 7, A-1010 Vienna,  Austria, Europe
 Tel: +43 1 4277 - 14078 (Fax: - 9140)       HM3550-RIPE