[c-nsp] Lot of input errors on a NPE-G1 interface

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Thu May 24 09:48:56 EDT 2012

On (2012-05-24 14:37 +0200), Gert Doering wrote:

> I do not run MST anywhere, so I'm not sure how portfast and MST interact.

MST with single instance is same as RSTP from this perspective. If you
don't configure non-MST participating port as edge port (or cisco term
portfast) then you are waiting 30s for permission from that port.

When all ports in switch have given permission, then the switch will give
permission to upstream.
So any non-edge port, will delay this permission for 30s.  (You knew this
as you know RST, this is benefit of other).

--
  ++ytti