[c-nsp] me3400 EVC config help needed

Adam Vitkovsky adam.vitkovsky at swan.sk
Thu Nov 1 06:42:05 EDT 2012

Hi William,

Regarding the l2prot tunnel
On the me3400 UNI port -I believe the protocol tunneling is off by default
so the l2protocol-tunnel cmd is needed

Regarding the EVC requirement on me3400
So I guess it's not possible to configure cfm without the service keyword
right?
Like just:
ethernet cfm mep domain testnet mpid 1

Regarding the qinq stuff
I believe there are two options depending on your setup

Either you double tag all frames on the me3400:
(required when other customers are being connected from the pre-aggregation
me3400)
me3400 port style:
interface FastEthernet0/3
switchport access vlan 10 <=== gonna be used as outer tag
switchport mode dot1q-tunnel <=== tunnel all customer vlans
l2protocol-tunnel

me3400 EVC style:
interface FastEthernet0/3
service instance 1 ethernet cust1
  encapsulation default <==== match any
  l2protocol-tunnel
  rewrite ingress tag push dot1q 10 symmetric <===add the outer tag(not sure
it's possible on me3400)

76xx:
interface GigabitEthernet3/1
service instance 3 ethernet
  encapsulation dot1q 10 second-dot1q 1-4094  <=== match outer 10 inner any

Or you can double tag on 76xx:
(when the me3400 is basically a CPE/NTU)
me3400:
interface FastEthernet0/3
service instance 1 ethernet cust1
  encapsulation default <==== match any
  l2protocol-tunnel

76xx:
interface GigabitEthernet3/1
service instance 3 ethernet
  encapsulation default  <=== match any
  rewrite ingress tag push dot1q 10 symmetric <===add the outer tag
  l2protocol-tunnel

adam