[c-nsp] Wireless Controllers, SVIs and WCCP

Andrew Jones Andrew.Jones at alphawest.com.au
Wed Nov 14 22:20:35 EST 2012

New HA configuration for WLC v7 is good, gives you active / standby controllers, so no need for AP to re-associate to alternate controller. Im told its 1-2 sec failover between controller.

Also, you don't need to double up on licensing for your AP, ie 500 ap license plus a HA license is all that is required for 2 controller and 500 ap.

4500 has vss on the roadmap, not sure how far away. For MPLS, your best bet is 6500. Or if you want nexus, try the 7004.

Andrew Jones