[c-nsp] Wireless Controllers, SVIs and WCCP

alan buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Nov 15 04:33:11 EST 2012

Hi,

>    I am still waiting on the VSS support for the 4500s, but it looks like the
>    first version won't be available until the start of next year - and I
>    don't really want to use bleeding edge software for this application.
>    So it looks as if I am left with the 6500 VSS Sup2T solution with plenty
>    of room to add more line cards. The 6500s are a really great work horse.

FWIW we use 6500 devices in VSS pair - but our wireless controllers are WISM-2 - and therefore
we need the chassis! ;-)

I mentioned the larger controllers because if all your APs go back to just a big HA pair
then you can have everything under one hood - thus negating the need for doing MPLS etc
(which I assume you want to do to get the right network out to all your 5508s as they are
spread over the place?) - if you were spending money on 6500's, sup2Ts, line cards etc
then thats money that could be spent on controller: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps12722/index.html

alan