[c-nsp] QinQ question

CiscoNSP_list CiscoNSP_list cisconsp_list at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 17 00:05:12 EST 2012

Hi,

We are provided a QinQ service from a carrier - Each customer tail is a vlan chosen by us(we inform the carrier of the vlan), which we place into L3 dot1q Int, and then trunk to the Carrier Agg(carrier connecting port is QinQ.)

Would the carrier have a single outer tag configured for all our customer tails?

i.e.

Carrier outer tag vlan 100

Customer Site A vlan 200Customer Site B vlan 300Customer Site C vlan 400

We trunk vlans 200,300+400 to carrier carrier configured QinQ port (Outer tag vlan 100)

Each customer site, the carrier installs an NTU, which I assume they configure an access port on the LAN side with the appropriate vlan, and then the WAN side of the NTU would be a trunk(allowing that vlan) which would connect to the carriers core where the connecting port would be configured as QinQ with outer tag vlan 100?

Would the carrier do this for every one of our client sites (i.e. Use outer tag vlan 100 on all ports on the core connecting to there NTU's at our customer sites?)

Thanks in advance