[c-nsp] 3750x Alternatives

Andrew Miehs andrew at 2sheds.de
Mon Nov 19 02:57:14 EST 2012

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 5:40 PM, CiscoNSP_list CiscoNSP_list <
cisconsp_list at hotmail.com> wrote:

> We currently use 3750x stack to terminate pairs of 2960S(TOR's) - Our
> traffic is quite bursty, and we are getting hit with the small buffers
> (output drops)...any suggestions on alternative platforms? (We only do L2
> on the current switches)
> 6503's w/ VSS?
> 4500x w/ VSS?
> Nexus w/ Vpc?

If you only want to do layer 2, you could also look at a pair of Nexus 5Ks
and run VPC - or look at other vendors.

Do you really need two chassis/ VSS? 4500s don't have VSS yet, so you could
possibly get away with a 4500 - possible a second 4500 as a cold spare.

Andrew