[c-nsp] 3750x Alternatives

Jeff Kell jeff-kell at utc.edu
Mon Nov 19 20:10:27 EST 2012

If you seriously have 10G on the roadmap, 4500X looks sweet, you can get
it in a 16-port version, SFP / SFP+ you upgrade as you are ready.  A
pair of them in a VSS deployment is going to be pretty steep however,
especially if you need smart layer-3 (Enterprise).

Otherwise perhaps a 4507E+R with a pair of Sup7Es, you can pre-load
redundant power, Supervisors, and blades to fit the need now; if the VSS
pans out you just need another chassis (and whatever else you may want
"redundantly redundant").

Or go with 3750E/X if their mac address tables meet your needs.  You get
two 10G ports per switch, you can always uplink to a dumber/cheaper L2
10G switch.

Jeff