[c-nsp] QinQ question

Iftikhar Mehar Iftikhar.Mehar at redstone.com
Tue Nov 20 06:52:13 EST 2012

Hi,

Service Provider port will be QinQ and your port facing provider's QinQ
port will always remain as trunk port. Same would apply to you and your
customer when you provide QinQ to your customers, the only difference
would be that you will be the service provider (your port will be QinQ)
for your customer (customer port normal trunk).

Note: You and your service provider will have to allow enough MTU size
to accommodate extra 802.1q headers as each time you apply QinQ it
increases the size of a frame. I think 802.1q header size is 4 bytes.

Regards