[c-nsp] Bracket character in SNMP community string // IOS-XR

Vinny_Abello at Dell.com Vinny_Abello at Dell.com
Tue Nov 20 13:23:43 EST 2012

I tried this on IOS-XR 4.2.3 and it appears the close parenthesis is not permitted in the community string. It does seem to accept it if you surround the community string with double quotes, however. I'm unsure if that affects anything else, though. Give that a try.

-Vinny

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net [mailto:cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of omar parihuana
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 1:33 AM
To: cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net; Cisco certification
Subject: [c-nsp] Bracket character in SNMP community string // IOS-XR

Hi guys,

I've just tried to configured a SNMP community string in IOS-XR 4.1.2
without success I got the follow error:

snmp-server community %test&)

RP/0/0/CPU0:ex-RR1(config)#snmp-server community %test&)
                                                          ^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

RP/0/0/CPU0:ex-RR1(config)#snmp-server community %test&)fasar
                                                          ^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.
RP/0/0/CPU0:ex-SISRR1(config)#

This community string was working well in regular IOS.  Maybe that is a
bug, anyway have you experimented before that error? or maybe I'm wrong.

Rgds.

--
Omar E.P.T