[c-nsp] Bracket character in SNMP community string // IOS-XR

omar parihuana omar.parihuana at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 18:38:44 EST 2012

Hello,

I've just found:

*CSCsq16921 Bug Details *

Principio del formulario

*SNMP Community-string rejects 'special characters' *

*Symptom:*
An SNMP community string which uses the '(' or ')' characters is rejected
in IOS XR.

RP/0/9/CPU0:YOK-P-C1(config)#snmp-server community te)ting ?
^ % Invalid input

*Conditions:*
Snmp-community string contains the characters '(' or ')'.

*Workaround:*

The issue can be addressed by entering an MD5 encrypted SNMP string

Rgds.

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 1:23 PM, <Vinny_Abello at dell.com> wrote:

> I tried this on IOS-XR 4.2.3 and it appears the close parenthesis is not
> permitted in the community string. It does seem to accept it if you
> surround the community string with double quotes, however. I'm unsure if
> that affects anything else, though. Give that a try.
>
> -Vinny

Omar E.P.T