[c-nsp] Multicast through Cisco ME-3600

Reuben Farrelly reuben-cisco-nsp at reub.net
Sat Nov 24 05:42:44 EST 2012

On 24/11/2012 9:16 PM, Hitesh Vinzoda wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have recently noticed that routers running OSPF connected to two
> different ports and communicating via EFP's configured on Cisco ME3600 can
> not form OSPF neighborship.

> Cisco IOS Software, ME360x Software (ME360x-UNIVERSAL-M), Version
> 12.2(52)EY3, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

That is a very very ancient version of code for this platform - in fact
it was the first branch of code ever even made for these switches.
There were some pretty rough edges around the earlier releases but it
has been getting better of late.

I recall having similar problems with something like this, but it was
quite some time ago - so can you try an upgrade to something more
recent, say, 15.2(4)S1 ?

Chances are TAC are going to suggest you try this anyway.

Can you also confirm you have the same MTU set on both edge routers and
can ping at least 1500 end to end?  What does 'show ip ospf interface
brief' and 'show ip ospf neigh' show as the state of the OSPF on each
interface?

Reuben