[c-nsp] IP LFA in ring topology

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Thu Nov 29 09:14:26 EST 2012

On (2012-11-29 06:03 -0800), Phil Bedard wrote:

> If you are using LDP and not just IP routing Cisco supports rLFAs or
> remote LFAs which will attempt to build a tunnel to bypass LFA

Cool I didn't know rLFA exist, it's exactly what I described above. With
the exception that in my example I'm using global labels which gives me
ability to protect from fault in arbitrary topologies.
In this rLFA as far as I can see, there are topologies where it won't work,
because if you don't have loop free alternative to remote node who has loop
free alternative you cannot define interim node where it must first go to.

But well done Cisco, really really nice feature.

--
  ++ytti