[c-nsp] IP LFA in ring topology

Phil Bedard philxor at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 09:03:31 EST 2012

I don't know about support in some newer releases but the old
auto-tunnel one hop would just build tunnels to adjacent nodes and then
had the ability to create bypasses. So you got the benefits of RSVP-TE
local protection but the route followed the IGP and you didn't really
have any TE.

If you are using LDP and not just IP routing Cisco supports rLFAs or
remote LFAs which will attempt to build a tunnel to bypass LFA
failures. Junos can use RSVP tunnels to get around coverage problems as
well, not sure about Cisco. rLFA also isn't available on IOS-XR as far
as I remember but it is coming.

G.8032 works if you are pure L2 but has its own drawbacks.