[c-nsp] QoS (dscp-to-exp mutation) on Sup-2T/Cat6500

Alex K. nsp.lists at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 09:45:13 EST 2012

Hi All,

I ran into interesting issue on Sup-2T. As you probably know, QoS CLI is
changed on this new supervisor. I'm looking to translate incoming
dscp-marked packets, into exp-marked on egress.
Now, according to documentation - Catalyst 6500 Release 15.0SY Software
Configuration Guide<http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/15.0SY/configuration/guide/15_0_sy_swcg.html>-
this functionality is still called mutation-map and is configured
under
'platform qos map exp-mutation'. The problem is quite simple – there is no
'platform qos map exp-mutation' on 2 different machines I checked upon.
Here:

Some-6513(config)#platform qos ?
  10g-only qos pure 10G mode
  aggregate-policer Named aggregate policer
  marking marking keyword
  police police keyword
  protocol protocol keyword
  queueing-only queueing-only (no QoS rewrite, no policing)
  rewrite packet qos rewrite enable/disable
  statistics-export qos statistics data export

What do you think I'm missing?

Alex.