[c-nsp] Number of rate-limits per physical interface

Pavel Dimow paveldimow at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 08:35:31 EDT 2012

Hello,

I am considering using Cisco 7200/7300 series with NPE-G2 as a PE
router. Now my question is there any limit about
number of rate-limit commands on subinterfaces? For example every
customer will be delivered to this PE in a separate VLAN
and I want to terminate ip on subinterface on ge0/1 for example.
So I would have

ge0/1.1

ge0/1.2

ge0/1.3

ge0/1.100

and I want to place rate-limit on every subinterface. Is there any
limit about this? 10? 20? 100? :)

What is generally solution for rate-limit the huge number of
customers? Cisco or juniper or something else?

Thanks in advance