[c-nsp] static MPLS crossconnects and SX* IOS

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Thu Oct 4 03:36:16 EDT 2012

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 01, 2012 at 12:30:28PM +0200, Gert Doering wrote:
> Cisco docs confuse me...
>
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/mpls/configuration/guide/mp_static_labels_ps6922_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html
>
> ... claims that static label crossconnects should be supported in
> 12.2(33)SXH and up.

I opened a TAC case on this.  Short answer "this is a documentation bug".

Amazing enough, even though the online help claims it's not there, SXH
and SXI router do accept the *configure* commands (not the "show" ones):

Cisco-M-LAB(config)#mpls static crossconnect 50 gig5/1 10.76.74.118 60
% This command is an unreleased and unsupported feature

"a-ha".

Anyway... you have seen rants from me before, about the madness of the
6500/7600 BU split, the raving madness of operating system development
inside Cisco and the complete inability for customers to figure out
which IOS train will contain what features (not to speak of non-IOS),
but this is - again - leaving me full of amazement.  *Half* of the
feature is fully implemented, and the other half is "implemented but
not released"...

*sigh*

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/