[c-nsp] 6vpe - me3600x

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Fri Oct 5 02:53:34 EDT 2012

Aaron

>this seemed funny to me....i've never seen this before, but then again
>I've
>never done 6vpe before either...so....what is meant by this "indirectly
>connected" ?
>
>noc-3600#sh ipv ro vrf one
>IPv6 Routing Table - one - 5 entries
>Codes: C - Connected, L - Local, S - Static, U - Per-user Static route
>       B - BGP, R - RIP, I1 - ISIS L1, I2 - ISIS L2
>       IA - ISIS interarea, IS - ISIS summary, ND - ND Default, NDp - ND
>Prefix
>       DCE - Destination, NDr - Redirect, O - OSPF Intra, OI - OSPF Inter
>       OE1 - OSPF ext 1, OE2 - OSPF ext 2, ON1 - OSPF NSSA ext 1
>       ON2 - OSPF NSSA ext 2
>B   ::/0 [200/0]
>     via 10.101.0.254%default, indirectly connected
>B   2121:2121::/32 [200/0]
>     via 10.101.0.254%default, indirectly connected

quoting
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios-xml/ios/ipv6/configuration/15-2mt/ip6-o
v-mpls-6vpe.html:

"From an IPv6 routing perspective, entries reachable over the MPLS
backbone are listed as being indirectly connected, because MPLS is
providing a Layer 2 tunnel mechanism."

in earlier 6PE releases we used to tag these routes with "IPv6-MPLS".. not
sure which one I prefer ;-)

	oli