[c-nsp] 10G Routing/Forwarding

Aled Morris aledm at qix.co.uk
Fri Oct 5 06:31:19 EDT 2012

On 5 October 2012 09:01, Garry <gkg at gmx.de> wrote:
> Are there any other device in that price range that could be used for
> this? 1-2 10GE ports and L3 capable of course ... dynamic routes aren't
> really necessary, neither are ACL etc ...

I'd recommend the 4948E which has four 10G SFP+ ports for $12k list
with IP base license.

More than you need but the 4500X is 16 ports of 10GE with a list price
of $22k, IP base license is included.

Both of these switches have dual power supply options.  I think they
are a better choice than the 3xxx type access switches.

Your buy price should be a lot less than the list too.

Aled