[c-nsp] Cisco to Juniper LAG/LACP - Juniper not sending traffic over both links.

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Sat Oct 6 09:51:18 EDT 2012

On Friday, September 07, 2012 03:11:20 AM Aaron wrote:

> Maybe this is stating the obvious, but when I've used
> ip-src-dst type hashing I've gotten the granularity I've
> desired.  This is with cisco devices, so sorry I can't
> speak to what juniper allows.

The issue I've had with Juniper EX3200/4200 switches was
their inability to load share non-IP traffic, particularly
MPLS-based flows. This was in a scenario where the devices
were running as core switches.

Once I replaced the Juniper switches with ME3600X's (which
actually didn't load share based on MPLS for the code at the
time, just earlier this year), load sharing was achieved.
Moreover, the routers to which the switches were load
sharing were Junipers.

Not sure about your situation - whether you're connecting to
the provider's Juniper switches or routers (the Juniper M-
and MX-series routers don't suffer from this problem), or
whether you have non-IP traffic crossing the links.

Cheers,

Mark.