[c-nsp] Cisco Sup720-3B start in RomMon

Steve Lalonde steve at enta.net
Tue Oct 16 05:33:05 EDT 2012

On 16 Oct 2012, at 10:12, Olivier CALVANO <o.calvano at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> i have a small problems with a new Sup720-3B:
>
> When i start it, i have rommon .. at rommon, if i put "boot", he load
> witout problems the IOS.
>

> In IOS, i have added boot system flash disk0:xxx.bin but no change
> in rommon, i have put "confreg" and select in boot "2" but no change
>
> any idea ?

possibly the RP and SP config-reg are not the same or even set to go to rommon

you can check with the following commands

lab13#sh bootvar
Configuration register is 0x2102

lab13#remote command switch sh bootvar
Configuration register is 0x0

then fix it with

lab13#conf t
lab13(config)#config-register 0x2102

and the result

lab13#sh bootvar
Configuration register is 0x2102

lab13#remote command switch sh bootvar
Configuration register is 0x2102

now should boot into IOS

I have 1 sup720 in my lab that will not remember the config-reg on the SP if it gets powered off

Steve