[c-nsp] forced up/up on a fiber link

Damian Holdcroft damian.holdcroft at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 05:20:09 EDT 2012

I remember reading something, somewhere, about the lasers sending pulses
for link detection. I don't seem to be able to find anything on fibre link
detection at the moment though. Does anybody know anything about it?

It would be interesting to see if the hw-module command actually engaged
the optics. I wouldn't have thought so. Bit of a bugger you can only
simulate entire linecards!

I'll be trying the mobile phone camera next opportunity. Thanks!