[c-nsp] ME3600x sub-interfaces

Reuben Farrelly reuben-cisco-nsp at reub.net
Fri Oct 26 18:35:49 EDT 2012

On 27/10/2012 5:58 AM, Andrew K. wrote:
> A downfall for using the SVI on the ME3600 is you can not apply an
> inbound/outbound policy map to the SVI.

You can apply inbound and outbound policy maps to a Service Instance
though (which are the ports that are facing your customer):

policy-map police-10M
  class class-default
   police cir 10000000 bc 1024000
    conform-action transmit
    exceed-action drop

policy-map shape-10M
  class class-default
   shape average 10000000

interface GigabitEthernet0/13
  description CUSTOMER
  switchport trunk allowed vlan none
  switchport mode trunk
  service instance 2003 ethernet
   description CUSTOMER
   encapsulation untagged
   service-policy input police-10M
   service-policy output shape-10M
   bridge-domain 120
  !
end

This achieves the same as on an SVI but with additional flexibility that
you can apply the policy to whatever criteria you can match in your
service instance (such as inner -q tags, CoS markings etc if you want to
get more complex).

 > We are applying them on the layer 2 trunk interface, gets annoying
 > when you can to aggregate the rate-limit between multiple
 > interfaces.

It looks like you can aggregate different classes across different
ports, using qos-groups:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/metro/me3600x_3800x/software/release/15.2_4_S/configuration/guide/swqos.html#wp1051872

Reuben