[c-nsp] Multicast packets dropping at 6509

null zeroroute nullzero.route at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 13:38:05 EDT 2012

I'm familiar with a bug CSCsk07136 that was found about 4 years ago that
causes the multicast table to dump on a hybrid 6500 (catos) every time a
port in the same VLAN went down/up.  Basically, all members of a group
would lose access to the group every time a port in the same VLAN, on the
same 6500, dropped.  I believe the problem was fixed in a later release,
however we upgraded to native and no longer experienced the issue.  The
only workaround was to statically assign hosts to the required groups.