[c-nsp] ME3600x sub-interfaces

Aaron aaron1 at gvtc.com
Wed Oct 31 09:29:05 EDT 2012

I was also told that with service instances you get the ability to monitor
per vlan flows across an interface, which I don't think was possible in
previous, legacy trunk configurations....

3600#sh sn m i i | in 0/6
GigabitEthernet0/6.ServiceInstance.491: Ifindex = 20509
GigabitEthernet0/6: Ifindex = 10106

...new port level snmp monitor point for say for instance layer 2 entity,
vlan 491 flows on g0/6

Also, I was told and I saw something weird with the overarching l3 svi for
say for instance vlan 491 erroneously (or by design, I dunno) does NOT show
actually traffic that is passing via that efp 491 svc instance on g0/6....i
mean even when I knew that I should be seeing hits on counters for svi vlan
491 and I wasn't, someone in this forum (sorry I forget the name of the
person) told me that this is probably caused by the new design of the 3600
and mef-type efp interface configs, and that I should be using svc instances
to see per L2 flows via a interface.

Aaron