[c-nsp] NAT issue on ASR1K

Nasir Shaikh nasir at nasirshaikh.com
Tue Sep 4 10:19:18 EDT 2012

Hi Brian,
Thanks for your input.
The router accepts the first two commands without any problem:
ip nat inside source static tcp x.x.7.42 1720 interface Loopback12 1720
ip nat inside source static tcp x.x.7.42 4001 interface Loopback12 4001

It is only when I try to configure the other two NAT statements (see below-
notice that the last octet of the IL and interface representing the IG are
different) using different IL and IG addresses but the same ports that it
starts complaining.
ip nat inside source static tcp x.x.7.43 1720 interface Loopback13 1720
ip nat inside source static tcp x.x.7.43 4001 interface Loopback13 4001

I removed the first 2 NAT statements and configured the last 2 first - no
problem. Tried putting the first 2 statements back again, same message.

Sh ip sockets does not show ports 1720 or 4001 at all.

Anyone able to try this on a ASR1K?

Regards

Nasir