[c-nsp] policer in case of burstable IP transit service

Tim Jackson jackson.tim at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 11:48:07 EDT 2012

I think if you actually look at the agreement with the cell carrier, they
are aware that the 50 meg policer will be applied to the full "Layer 2"
rate, which covers the ethernet frame, incl dot1q etc.. Most of the carrier
agreements for the big providers have been this way.. They also usually
specify a relatively small bc/burst interval for any of their traffic..
(they'd rather see traffic dropped than buffered for any longer than
1-2msec)

Something to check.. Nobody likes to give extra BW away for free,
especially once these guys start getting ready to upgrade and find out they
really have 75meg instead of 50..

--
Tim