[c-nsp] IPv6 Unique Local Address Routing Issue

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Sun Sep 9 07:21:13 EDT 2012

On Sun, 2012-09-09 at 18:55 +0800, Xu Hu wrote:
> So you mean the client will get one GUA together with ULA, if the
> client just need to communicate inside the site, then will choice the
> ULA, if need to access Internet, then will choice the GUA?

That sounds right. And you can assign only ULA to a client that would
never need to communicate with anything on the Internet, but I guess
very few machines fall in that category these days.

You can assign more than one GUA too. That's one way of using two
different Internet connections that use PA addresses. Source address
selection is probably non-trivial, but it's doable.

--
Peter