[c-nsp] IPv6 Unique Local Address Routing Issue

Jean-Francois.TremblayING at videotron.com Jean-Francois.TremblayING at videotron.com
Mon Sep 10 08:04:06 EDT 2012

cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net a écrit sur 09/09/2012 07:21:13 AM :
> Peter Rathlev <peter at rathlev.dk>
> > So you mean the client will get one GUA together with ULA, if the
> > client just need to communicate inside the site, then will choice the
> > ULA, if need to access Internet, then will choice the GUA?
>
> That sounds right. And you can assign only ULA to a client that would
> never need to communicate with anything on the Internet, but I guess
> very few machines fall in that category these days.

We deployed ULA+GUA in our environment, a mid-size cable ISP. We also
prevent ULA-GUA communications at the datacenter edge. So far it's
been working very well, only found one instance of bad source
address selection in a product.

Btw, we have plenty of ULA-only servers and devices. No problem on
that side, but of course, we'd have to disable IPv4 to be really
sure of that. ;)

/JF