[c-nsp] IPv6 Unique Local Address Routing Issue

Xu Hu jstuxuhu0816 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 22:55:21 EDT 2012

Hi All,
My situation is as below:
CE Router------Edge Router---------Core Router-------Internet
The link between CE Router and Edge Router is using ULA, the link between
Edge Router and Core Router is also using ULA, the link between Core Router
and Internet is using GUA.
Internet Router will give us the default route to Core Router, Core Router
will redistribute the default router to OSPF which is the IGP for our
network, so the CE Router can get the default route.
For the return traffic, the CE router will advertise the prefixes which
will allocate the the hosts to OSPF, then Core Router also learning this
prefixes. Core Router will advertise this prefixes to Internet Router
through BGP.
These prefixes are in the GUA range.

My concerns is that, if we don't configure any GUA in the Edge Router and
Core Router, can we receive the default route from Internet Router, also
for the return traffic, can go outside or not?

Will appreciate for any comments.

Best Regards,
Hu Xu