[c-nsp] Cisco and Juniper learning IPv6 neighbor different behavior

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Sep 11 11:31:31 EDT 2012

On 11/09/12 15:56, Xu Hu wrote:
> If I generate the traffic once a while, then stop, the neighbour will
> disappear sometime later or not?

Yes. Neighbours will disappear after a short time.

> If I configure the GUA and ULA address for the same interface, then
> generate the traffic, the router will learn both of the neighbours or
> just one of them?

It will learn the neighbour to which you generate the traffic.

> Because in my lab, previous cannot learn the neighbour, after I
> configure one more address using GUA, the traffic is success, but I
> found after I delete the GUA, and also clear neighbour, just use the
> ULA, the traffic also can reach, so I am confused about the issue.

To be honest, it sounds like you have a pretty spotty understanding of
how IPv6 neighbour discovery works.

Do you have working connectivity or not?

If so, why do you care about the neighbour table?