[c-nsp] SNMP proxing in a VRF

Alain RICHARD alain.richard at equation.fr
Tue Sep 11 10:27:04 EDT 2012

Hi,

I have core routers that implements several VRF.

On theses VRF, I have several CPEs.

Currently I am using the CISCO-PING-MIB (http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseMIB.do?local=en&mibName=CISCO-PING-MIB) to ping the routers using a central snmp station that is outside of all the VRFs.

This PING-MIB enable me to send a simple smb call to a central router implementing for example VRF1 and asking him to ping the router 10.1.1.1 on this VRF.

I would like now to have a similar functionality to proxy a SNMP call to a distant router on a VRF thru a core router routing this VRF.

For example I would like to get the interfaces counters of a distant CPE without have to implement the SNMP station on the VRF.

Is there any such functionality on Cisco ?

Regards,

--
Alain RICHARD <mailto:alain.richard at equation.fr>
EQUATION SA <http://www.equation.fr/>