[c-nsp] Cisco 12008 8/40 Gigabit Link

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Wed Sep 12 04:25:51 EDT 2012

On Tue, 11 Sep 2012, root net wrote:

> That's what I am starting to figure out. Been doing some research and
> it's truly a distributed platform. I've also been reading that we would
> want Engine 3 as you mention but I think Engine 2 would work too. What
> do you think?

If you go for engine2 linecards you most likely have to disable ACL
capability to be able to fit the full IPv4 table in FIB.

Really, if you're going to do this, go for at least PRP-1 with 1 gig of
ram and the engine 3 (4GE) linecard. The GRP-B doesn't even get new IOS
versions anymore, they've stopped releasing updates for it. PRP-1 and 4GE
linecard is still supported, even if the 12008 chassis is not.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se