[c-nsp] Best Ipam software?

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Wed Sep 12 16:18:49 EDT 2012

On 12/09/2012 20:18, Josh Coleman wrote:
> I have tried a full functional demo of this software called 6Connect
> http://www.6connect.com/

Haven't tried 6connect in anger but it looks good.

IPPlan is fine for starters, but you run into limitations pretty quickly.
Good to see they they now have ipv6 support.  For a long time they were
pretty snooty about both it and the ISPs who use it (see the last faq entry
on http://bit.ly/NoFTay - which now thankfully has been toned down).

>From what I hear, BT Diamond IP is excellent.  But last time I got a quote
from them, I needed cardiac resuscitation afterwards because of the price.
 Be careful mailing them - I got added to their marketing mailing list and
it took some effort to get removed.

HaCi doesn't do what I need, and I deleted it pretty quickly.

I use netdot myself.  It's unashamedly web 1.0.  It won't do overlapping
subnets and there are some aspects of it which need some work, but I find
it to be very good (I'm the freebsd port maintainer for netdot).  If you're
on linux, best to use one of the VM images to get this installed and
working.  Alternatively, the freebsd port works well.

I also need to take another look at NOC Project, which will do overlapping
IP ranges, VRFs, BGP, and an enormous pile of other stuff, all of which
looks incredibly interesting, if only I could find out how to configure
(most of the good instructions are in russian).  When this project is
properly documented and works well, it will be amazing.

Nick