[c-nsp] 6vpe - me3600x

Aaron aaron1 at gvtc.com
Wed Sep 26 16:44:00 EDT 2012

That's exactly what I was asking!  Thanks Jason

*** not shown here , I reverted my vrf one definition back to the legacy
mode so I could see this process run through.... very nice...one thing I see
is that it added an additional helper under my svi's ... why ?

ip helper-address global 192.168.254.136
ip helper-address 192.168.254.136

does "global" mean global vrf?  If so, that's NOT where that dhcp server
lives...so I would seem that I wouldn't want that there.

Aaron

noc-3600(config)#vrf ?
  definition   VRF definition mode
  selection    selection criteria
  upgrade-cli  upgrade cli

noc-3600(config)#vrf up
noc-3600(config)#vrf upgrade-cli ?
  multi-af-mode  Upgrade to multi address family VRF support

noc-3600(config)#vrf upgrade-cli multi-af-mode ?
  common-policies      IPv4 VRF policies are moved to common VRF policies
  non-common-policies  IPv4 VRF policies are not moved to common VRF
policies,but kept as ipv4 only VRF policies.

noc-3600(config)#vrf upgrade-cli multi-af-mode no
noc-3600(config)#vrf upgrade-cli multi-af-mode non-common-policies ?
  force  Do not prompt for confirmation
  vrf    Specify a particular VRF
  <cr>

noc-3600(config)#vrf upgrade-cli multi-af-mode non-common-policies
You are about to upgrade to the multi-AF VRF syntax commands.
You will lose any IPv6 address configured on interfaces
belonging to upgraded VRFs.

Are you sure ? [yes]:
Number of VRFs upgraded: 2
noc-3600(config)#
noc-3600(config)#^Z
noc-3600#sh run vrf one
Building configuration...

Current configuration : 725 bytes
vrf definition one
 rd 10.101.12.253:1
 !
 address-family ipv4
  route-target export 1:1
  route-target import 1:1
 exit-address-family
!
!
interface Vlan10
 vrf forwarding one
 ip address 10.40.4.1 255.255.255.0 secondary
 ip address 1.2.3.4 255.255.255.240
 ip access-group coming-from-dhcp-customers in
 ip access-group going-to-dhcp-customers out
 ip helper-address global 192.168.254.136
 ip helper-address 192.168.254.136
!
interface Vlan11
 vrf forwarding one
 ip address 10.40.5.1 255.255.255.0
 ip helper-address global 192.168.254.136
 ip helper-address 192.168.254.136
!
router bgp 64512
 !